Case Study: JR Whiting Site
Luna Pier, MI
- Forsite acquired the plant from Consumers Energy in October 2017 and provided the seller with a comprehensive environmental liability risk transfer solution.
- An environmental insurance policy was provided covering known and unknown conditions including off‐site generator liability.
- Plant Decommissioning will take approximately two years to complete.
- Forsite will implement an extensive nationwide marketing campaign to market the site’s extensive rail attributes to heavy industrial users and site selection consultants.
- Forsite is exploring the potential to construct a spec industrial facility on the site that could further help attract users to the site.